Monday, February 3, 2014

Blessed

On 1/22/13, I wrote this in my journal: "Sometimes, I get hit really hard with just how blessed I am."
And that's it.
I remember I wrote that one sentence after seeing a beggar once I exited the freeway. I think I meant to continue my entry after dance practice, but never did.

I've been thinking a lot about that entry since I've come to college. Because it still holds true.

I truly believe that I attend the best university out there. Sure, I get stressed out with school, but do you know how cool it is to go to a class and read the scriptures? It's pretty cool.

Also, I have really great roommates. There's six of us, and sometimes we don't all get along, but they have taught me so much more than I ever thought I would learn from them.
Imagine Dania's in here too (she's never home because she always has Miss Lehi stuff).

And in addition to my awesome roommates, I've made so many incredible friends. It's such a comfort to know that I have such a strong support system and that there will always be someone there for me whenever I need it.

And my family is great! Going home for Christmas break was fantastic. I honestly have no clue what I would do if I didn't have my family. I love them so much.
I mean, really? Look how precious we are. (Also my brother is a giant. Whatever.)

And I've started my mission papers! I get to serve the Lord and spread the gospel!!!!

And I'm alive. I'm healthy and I have food and I live in this beautiful dorm and I have enough money to buy the things that I need/want (thanks, Mom).

I've come to recognize that there are so many people in the world who are so unbelievably happy with way less than I have. Sometimes it's good to sit back and think about just how blessed I am.

2 comments:

  1. This made me smile. Thanks for sharing, Keely. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing how blessed you feel. That is a great feeling and one we should keep with us every day, through the ups and downs and all arounds. I love this picture of your family, too. They are a blessing to me!

    ReplyDelete